Welcome to Wolkite University School of Graduate Studies
School of graduate studies is located in the main compass of Wolkite University (WKU). It was established in 2008 E.C/2015 G.C as of the School of Graduate Studies (SGS).
The school has admitted students in different felid of specializations in regular and weekend programs. So far, among students enrolled in regular program, 17 of them were graduated in the Masters of Business administration (4) and Natural and Environmental Economics (13). In addition, to respond for the societal higher education demand, the school has opened a weekend program at Butajira Campus. Wolkite University School of Graduate Studies program is therefore taken as moving on the right track in terms of addressing the societal higher educational demand.
Wolkite University’s vision is to become one of the top ten research intensive institutions offering quality education in East Africa by the year 2035 G.C, with significant contribution to the regional, national, and international scientific community in generating knowledge and innovations; publishing the same in reputable scientific journals of international standards. The School of Graduate Studies is contributing a lot for better achievement of the University’s vision by providing a graduate training well-integrated with research and community services.
The School is to produce knowledgeable, practically innovative and attitudinally mature graduates who are able to generate relevant and demanded technologies that address community-felt problems and the national development goals.
Admission to the Graduate Program
Admission to the graduate program, the candidate must have completed his/her Bachelor Degree with a relevant study and:
- A candidate who has a high scholastic standing, whose professional experience has been superior and who has received good recommendations shall be given priority for admission. Moreover, priorities in admission may be granted to government sponsors as per the pressing need of the government
- The minimum intake of a Master’s program shall be five students. However, the optimum (minimum and maximum) number of students in the different graduate programs shall be determined by the respective Collage council/CC or Departmental Assembly/DA taking into consideration the number of staff, availability of space and demand for training.
- The academic unit may, from time to time, include additional admission requirements in conformity with University rules and regulations. These may be of general application or may pertain to specific programs of graduate studies
List of Master Programs
The School of Graduate Studies runs five master programs in Wolkite and Butajira campuses. These programs are offered in different field of specializations.
College of Business and Economics
- MSc. in Development Economics
- MSc. in Accounting and Finance
- MSc. in Development Economics
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
College of Agriculture and Natural Resource
- MSc. in Soil Sciences
Future Prospects of the School of Graduate Studies
The School of Graduate Studies at Wolkite University will strive to catalyze the growth and development aspiration effort of the country through intensive academic, research, and community services by prioritizing the socio-economic development goals. Hence, the school will accept new entrants for the 2018/19 academic year in the following programs.
- MSc. in Physics (Solid State Physics)
- MA in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL).
- MA in Development Studies.
Should you need any information, please do not hesitate to contact.
Dr. Yeshihareg Afera
Dean, School of Graduate Studies
Office No: +251-113-220450. Mobile: +251-911-554080
Whos is online
We have 102 guests and no members online