Social Sciences and Humanities College
College of Social Sciences and Humanities (CSSH) aspires to stand in harmony to serve the community. The college was established in 20012/13 with 38 staff members and 53 students. During its establishment, it was composed of three departments. These are English Language and Literature, Theatre Arts and Civics and Ethical Studies departments. Currently the college has seven under graduate programs these are English Language and Literature, Theatre Arts and Civics and Ethical Studies, governance and development, psychology, sociology and pedagogical science. In addition to the aforementioned programs, The College has planned to open new undergraduate and post graduate program in the upcoming academic year. Currently, College of Social Sciences and Humanities has more than 1000 regular students in seven departments and 110 academic staffs.
College of social science and humanities also working on research and community services that improve the life of society while preparing students to function as responsible, independent and creative citizens and engaged in lifelong learning. Its role in bringing into effect the GTP of the country is paramount.
Mission, Shared Vision, Goals and Core Values of CSSH
The collage has the following missions.
- To produce graduates who are knowledgeable, attitudinally mature and practically innovative,
- To supply relevant and demanded technology and knowledge that address national and community level development problems to help make operations of the government and non-government organizations efficient, effective and competitive, and
- To provide training and consulting services to the community and the government.
To be among the ten best social science and humanities collages in East Africa universities by 2035.
Core Values of WKU
- Excellence! All operations in the University be effective, efficient, innovative, and nullifies wastages of resources including graduates from the University,
- Inclusiveness! The University cultivates diverse religion, ethnic, gender, special interest, and develop collaboration and shared vision,
- Truth or Integrity! The University feels socially responsible and every single activity in the University positively adds value to the society,
- Being a Learning Organization! Institutional development or learning and growth is a continuous culture
- Accountability! The University believes in taking full accountability for addressing the established goals and objectives of the University, or the associated social costs.
- Academic freedom! The University believes in academic freedom by upholding the spirit of free and critical thought and enquiry, through development of tolerance among the diversity beliefs, as well as the open exchange of ideas and knowledge.
Getu Degu Aimero(MA in Social Psychology )
Dean, college of social science and Humanities
Tel: +251 91 173 01 85
Whos is online
We have 46 guests and no members online
Call for Papers
Wolkite University, 07
+251 11 3220054