COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
VISION, MISSION AND CORE VALUES
Department of Civil Engineering will develop internationally prominent educational and research programs that will benefit all of our constituencies and, in doing so, we will become a national Department of Choice. Our vision includes the department being a collegial, collaborative and welcoming environment in which to learn and work.
The mission of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering is to provide quality education to prepare nationally competitive undergraduate students for a successful career in civil and environmental engineering; to provide knowledge and tools that enable civil engineering to evolve away from empirical ad hoc approaches into strategies based on scientifically grounded analysis, using fundamental mechanics, integrating uncertainty, and navigating the conflicting objectives inherent in successful civil engineering design.
The following qualities are the core values that guide and are reflected in Civil Engineering Department vision, mission and strategic plan:
- Academic Rigor
- Continuous Improvement
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Engagement in Community
Our Strategic Objectives
Civil Engineering Department has developed a five-year strategy to guide our efforts, a plan designed to navigate growth and change with common, overarching goals that align with the School’s vision and mission.
- Education - Enhance our curriculum and learning pedagogy to prepare our students to become global leaders in addressing the community grand challenges and identifying opportunities that are at the interface of built, natural, and social systems.
- Research - Leverage Civil Engineering size, breadth, and depth to address the greatest challenges facing the state, nation, and world through the development and support of research opportunities across all disciplines.
- Global Public Service and Outreach - To empower, inspire, and equip Civil Engineering Department students and faculty to be engaged global citizens through community service and outreach that address challenges on the regional, national, and/or global levels.
- Creativity and Innovation - To embrace creativity and innovation as guiding values in our academic community, in educating the next generation, and in establishing trend-setting research.
- Leadership - Foster an environment in which Civil Engineering Department’s status as a local, national and global thought leader in the field is promoted in multiple venues, internally and externally.
- Organizational Effectiveness - Relentlessly pursue administrative effectiveness, innovation, and excellence to enable Civil Engineering Department faculty, staff, and students to fulfill the institution’s educational, research, service and tactical missions.
Whos is online
We have 89 guests and no members online
Call for Papers
Dean, College of Engineering & Technology
Mobile: +251 911544495
Wolkite University, 07
+251 11 3220054
Head, Department of Civil Engineering
+251 113 30 23 64
Fax: +251 113 30 24 15